Thursday, August 7, 2014

Training Again!!

from 7/28

I'M TRAINING AGAIN!!!! I'm kind of excited if you couldn't tell. I just really like training so it is going to be great. There are only 2 sisters coming so it will either be a sister from the Philipines or a sister from Utah who is a double amputee. So either way it will be an adventure. Sister George is leaving me and I feel like I still don't know the area/ward that well but at least I pretty much know how to be a missionary at this point so I should be fine. This week was pretty good. We found a new investigator. We contacted him watering his front lawn and since then we have had 2 lessons and he seems pretty interested. We will see if he keeps progressing. I have found that it is pretty easy to find new investigators in this area but it is hard to find quality ones that will progress. If we keep working hard the Lord will lead us to those who are ready. 
It kinda hit me this week that I am getting towards the end of my mission. A lot of my friends had their departure fireside on Sunday and it was weird that they are leaving. I remember in the MTC our teacher told us that at the end of your mission your body just gets worn down. At the time I was just like "okay, whatever." But man I am starting to feel it. I'm just not the young missionary I once was. But I think training will help me to keep being motivated and working hard. Besides being a missionary is a lot easier now that I have a lot of experience behind me. 
We had a really good lesson this week with a sister who is trying to become active again. Her and her husband are working towards going to the temple. It was a really powerful lesson because you can tell she believes in God and has faith but she needs a stronger testimony that this is God's church. (she got baptized a couple years ago so she still needs a better gospel foundation)  It just really hit me that a simple, heartfelt question to God can be answered through His spirit. That is all we have to do to know of truth. It is sad how many people miss out on understanding God's plan or gaining a deeper testimony because they won't do that one simple thing. I just love that as we are obedient we can trust that God will continue to give us guidance. Keepin it short today, I don't have a ton of time to write because we have a lot to do before transfers. Love you all!!

-Sister Washburn

No comments:

Post a Comment