Monday, November 18, 2013

God Loves You


This week was kind of long and kind of rough. We have been trying to do a lot of finding and do even more contacting. We still haven't found anyone to teach but I know we will eventually. Our mission president is getting us all to make visions goals and plans for what we want to accomplish individually and as companions. This has actually been really good for me to see what I want to work on and to help our companionship to be more unified. We had a choir practice for when Elder Packer (the quorum of the seventy one) comes in a few weeks and it was fun because I got to see all of my friends from the mtc and other missionaries that I know. I really like our new ward mission leader, he is awesome!!! He is so fired up about missionary work and is really willing to arrange splits and to help us out however he can. It is kind of hard having to meet all of the new people in the ward but it is fun at the same time to get to know more people. This is the last week of the transfer so I am going to make it a good week so we finish the transfer off well. :) This week I have just been thinking about how awesome it is that Christ understands us so well. He knows exactly how it is to be in the situations we are and to go through the things we experience. I found a quote by Elder Christofferson that I love he says that we are "infinately valued, loved, and perfectly known." I love that. We mean everything to the Lord, he loves us unconditionally no matter what we do, and he knows us better than we know ourselves. This is one of my favorite things to share with people. To remind them that they have a loving heavenly father who loves them more than anything. A lot of people don't know that. They feel like they are all alone and they may feel rejected by th people around them. But no matter what circumstance they are in the Savior loves them and the atonement is there to remind them that they they don't have to do things on their own. One night this week we were visiting one of our less actives named Sister Curtner. She is a fun, awesome lady but she has been through a lot in her life and now that she is older things from her past sometimes get her down. We shared a scripture about faith and how when we believe and trust in the Lord things work out and we are able to climb the mountains that are in front of us. Then Sister Phillips bore testimony that God loves her and and he is there to comfort her if she just reaches out and trusts in him. The spirit was so strong and Sister Curtner started crying. I think that a lot of people just need to be reminded of God's love. As representatives of Jesus Christ we are the ones that get to help people realize and remember what Christ would tell them if he was here. I love that about being a missionary. That when we have the spirit we can touch people in a way that Christ would. I love this church. The people aren't perfect but the gospel is. When we do the little things to strengthen our relationship with Jesus Christ we will realize that it is truely through Him and his plan that we can find the most happiness in life. By doing His will and not just our own. I love you all and I am praying for you!! Have a good week!

-Sister Washburn

No comments:

Post a Comment