Wednesday, April 23, 2014

The Temple-the best thing of my life

This week was pretty good. I got to go to Whittier again for exchanges. We biked a lot and got to talk to a lot of people. Sister Oler is awesome so we had a good time. Meanwhile, Sister Andelin and Sister Shipman were able to pick up a new investigator.We haven't been able to see any of our other investigators for a while. Hopefully we will see them this week otherwise we will probably have to drop them. 
Then we had our zone conference this week as well. I always learn so much at zone conference. They had some training on teaching simply, the Book of Mormon, having more sincere prayers, and things like that. I got to see Sister Le at it so that was cool! I miss her sometimes. 
For Easter we had dinner with a single mom named Corina. She has an adorable little 2 year old who was so excited to show us all of the eggs she collected and how she got Frozen from the Easter bunny. Corina made a ton of good food: ham, potatoes, fruit salad, and a bunch of other stuff. She also made a fancy cake (she is really crafty and a good cook) which was orange creamsicle flavored. Then this week I also got sick again. I think I already a little sick but then I think I got over stressed and stuff which made it worse. 
Today we got to go to the temple which was the best thing of my life. We went to the LA temple which I love because it is huge. There were a ton of missionaries there so it was cool when we were all in the celestial room because I just got to go around and talk to a bunch of my missionary friends. I love love love how peaceful the temple is. It really is a refuge from the world and I love how strong the spirit is there and how much closer you feel to Heavenly Father. 
I am really starting to love the ward here. There are a lot of really great people. I love our relief society president. She is a single lady and she is always super willing to come out with us and stuff. There are also a lot of other really great families too. 
Well, that's about it. This week was one of those weeks that where Monday seems like it was forever ago and I can't even remember a lot of what happened. 
Love you all!

-Sister Washburn
with Sister Shipman

"I don't know about you, but I'm feeling 22"

No comments:

Post a Comment